Brother of Lucero’s Ben Nichols, Writer/Director Jeff Nichols’ second feature, Take Shelter, has been getting rave reviews on the festival circut. And based on this two minute trailer I believe the hype. The story focuses on a father/husband, played by the ever-underated Michael Shannon, plagued by a series of apocalyptic visions who questions whether to shelter his family from a coming storm, or from himself.
My gut tells me that this film is going to be a coming-out-party of sorts for Jeff Nichols. His first feature, Shotgun Stories, also received praise from many of the industries top critics and festival goers but lacked a major distribution deal to get it in more theaters. It’s sounding like Take Shelter will not suffer the same fate as Sony Pictures Classics has acquired the North American rights.
Stay tuned to LuceroArmy for more on Take Shelter, as I’m as big a movie nerd as I am a Lucero loyalist.
- dearbennichols likes this
- fyeahaltcountryboys reblogged this from dearbennichols
- twineandspace reblogged this from dearbennichols
- dearbennichols reblogged this from luceroarmy and added:
- fuckyeahbennichols reblogged this from luceroarmy and added:
- luceroarmy posted this